School Opening on Thursday 3rd September
With just over a week and a half before school reopens on Thursday 3rd September, we'd like to take this opportunity to inform/ remind you of the following;
- It is compulsory that all children attend school, full time from Thursday 3rd September 2020.
- On Thursday 3rd September, children will go back to their previous class. For example is your child is starting Year 2, they'll go to their Year 1 class on Thursday morning. This is to welcome our children back with familiar faces.
- On Thursday 3rd September your child will visit their new teacher for a transition day. You will collect your child from where you took them in the morning (their previous class).
- On Friday 4th September, your child will go to their previous class for a farewell/ end of year party. This will enable children to say their goodbyes and support transition.
- Children will be expected to come to school in their PE kits on their PE day. Children will be informed of their allocated PE day when they start their new class. Please follow the link to see our PE kit list; https://www.leytopprimary.co.uk/PE-Kit/
- Government Guidelines have stated that PE must be outdoors as much as possible.
- Children will continue to bring their book bags and reading books to school daily.
- Children are advised to bring their own water bottle, which will stay with them throughout the day. These should be clearly labelled and identifiable by your child. Please clean these at home daily.
- Every Friday, school will be closing at 1pm. If you are a working parent and require childcare, please complete the form- https://forms.gle/m87iDZwaCPXwAFrR6
- Breakfast Club will only be open for working parents. If you require before school care, please complete the form-https://forms.gle/1wXzhkgpK35Z2yCh6
- Please can we take this opportunity to remind you that children must wear black school shoes. Trainers can we worn, but they must be black. Follow the link 'here' for more information about uniform.
- There will be a one-way system when coming to school. Mr McQuade will be available to help with pushchairs on the steps. Please see the diagram below.
- All this information and more was in our Phase 3 Reopening Document which was given as a paper copy when reports where handed out in July 2020. The document was also sent electronically. Please access this by following the link 'here'
We have read all the Government Guidelines and discussed the different options as a Senior Leadership team. We have many families who have multiple children across school and having staggered start and finish times would make things very tricky for those families, particularly in the Autumn and Winter when the bad weather will begin.
There is a twenty minute window for the children to arrive on a morning. 8.40am-9.00am.
We will also be lengthening the pick up window after school so that the children can be picked up between 3.00-3.15pm. Due to our shortened lunchtime children will not be missing any learning time.
- All of our plans and risk assessments are in line with Government Guidelines.
We are looking forward to welcoming all of our children back to school. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our school office on 01274 541554. Which will be open from Thursday 3rd September. You can also email us at; email@example.com
Ley Top Primary School