A new school year is upon us, maybe even a new school for your little one . If you need to drive your child to school just a little reminder to check where you are stopping . It is a parent's responsibility to see their children safely to and from school but in doing so they should not create danger to others.
- Do not stop on 'School Keep Clear Marking'
- Do not obstruct
- Do not park on pavements
- Park well clear of the schools entrance
The Police and the Council can issue fines for various offences outside schools including .............
- Parking in double yellow lines
- Parking on a dropped kerb
- Causing obstruction of the footpath
- Contravening local traffic restrictions such as access only/one way/permit holders only
- Parking on zig zags
However we do not want to issue these, we just want parents and carers to be careful and considerate when dropping off and collecting their child. We just want our children to be safe.
Tales of the Road (Think! – Gov.uk website) Includes interactive videoas and games
Other Road Safety Links
Road Safety GB is a general road safety website
Brake Road Safety Charity road safety advice for families
Road Safety – ROSPA General road safety advice includes