Science's Mission Statement at Ley Top Primary School
At Ley Top our aim is to develop children’s enjoyment and interest and Science and offer them a Science curriculum which ignites their curiosity and enables them to explore and discover the world around them so that they have a deeper understanding of the world we live in. To achieve this, we will offer all children exciting, practical hands on experiences that encourage curiosity and questioning.
Our aim is that these stimulating and challenging experiences help children to secure and extend their scientific knowledge and vocabulary.
We believe that these opportunities will ensure that our children are confident, life-long learners who will explore the world around them.
Our Science aims at Ley Top Primary School are;
The aims of our Science curriculum are as follows:
- Provide opportunities for hands on learning, encouraging all children to be inquisitive and independent learners
- Encourage children to ask and answer scientific questions using correct scientific vocabulary
- Plan lessons which allow children to plan and carry out fair scientific investigations, evaluate evidence and present conclusions clearly and accurately
- Ensure all children know and understand the life processes of living things
- Ensure all children know and understand the physical processes of materials, electricity, light, sound and natural forces
- Ensure all children know about materials and their properties
- Communicate scientific ideas, arguments and practical experiences accurately in a variety of ways
Quality of Education in Science at Ley Top Primary School
Ley Top recognises the need for a high quality, fully inclusive provision through a broad and rich curriculum and we believe that Science at primary school should nurture curiosity and allow children to ask questions and develop the skills they need to answer those questions.
Our Science lessons are designed to give children a broad range of experiences designed to engage and challenge our children, inspiring them to strive to become the scientists of the future.
Links to online resources;
Medium Term Plan Overview