Computing Mission Statement at Ley Top Primary School
At Ley Top Primary School, we consider computing to be an essential skill for all children
to learn and an important part of the curriculum. It is our mission to provide all of our children with the skills, creativity and enthusiasm to live and thrive in a world increasingly dependent on computing. We will ensure that all pupils gain the confidence and ability that they need in this subject, to prepare them for the challenge of a rapidly developing and changing technological world. With technology playing such a significant role in society today, we believe ‘computational thinking’ is a skill children must be taught if they are to be able to participate effectively and safely in this digital world. We will encourage children to tackle all applications with confidence and a sense of achievement and purpose.
Computing's AIms at Ley Top Primary School
At Ley Top our children will
- Be provided with engaging, challenging and meaningful opportunities to develop their computing skills.
- use information technology as a tool appropriately across the curriculum to support and enrich learning.
- Develop practical skills in the use of information technology and the ability to apply these skills to the solving of relevant and worthwhile problems.
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of information technology and the implications and consequences of its use so that they are be safe and responsible users of technology.
- Analyse problems in computational terms using computational thinking and have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve such problems
- Be open minded in their approach to information technology so that they will be able to adapt easily to the information technology systems and approaches they will encounter in their future lives.
- Be able to apply the British values of democracy, tolerance, mutual respect, rule of law and liberty when using digital systems.
- Be inspired to be the creators and inventors of tomorrow.
Quality of Education in Computing at Ley Top Primary School
We understand the importance of providing a high-quality computing education which gives all children the opportunity to achieve and be successful. Our computing lessons are designed to give our children the experience of a variety of well-planned, structured and progressive activities. Well-planned and delivered lessons enable us to have continuity throughout the school to ensure that experience and skills are developed in a cohesive and consistent way. We strive to ensure that all of our children leave us with the essential skills to achieve in the next phase of their education.
Links to online resources
Medium Term Plans